FieldTrip workshop in Aarhus
Aarhus University (IMC and Cfin) will be hosting a FieldTrip Course on EEG/MEG Analysis with Jim Herring and Luca Ambrogioni from 7 to 9 of October 2015. Registration to the limited places is open now via the link below. Externals will be charged a fee of 150 Euro.
Wed 07 Oct- Fri 09 Oct, 2015.
Jim Herring and Luca Ambrogioni, organized by Tzvetan Popov.
This workshop is an advanced workshop and will not cover basic MEG EEG analysis steps. Familiarity with FieldTrip is required and will be provided by Kousik Sarathy and Mikkel Vinding on Tue 06.10.15 in the Meeting room of CFIN, 5th floor. It is also recommended to read the FieldTrip reference papers to understand the toolbox design.
To prepare for the hands-on session, you should watch the following online videos prior to the workshop. Note that these lectures are about one hour each, which means that you should plan ahead and take your time to go through them. It is your own responsibility to come well-prepared. Starting one day in advance will not cut it!
Also, make sure you have downloaded the hands-on data prior to the start of the workshop as it is quite a large download. All the required data and a recent version of FieldTrip can be downloaded here.
Tuesday 06 October 2015
- 13:30 - Introductory course into FieldTrip by Kousik Sarathy and Mikkel Vinding
Wednesday 07 October 2015
- 9:00 - 9:30 Registration, welcome and coffee
- 9:30 - 10:45 Fundamentals of neuronal oscillations and synchrony (lecture) Jim Herring
- 10:45- 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00- 12:45 Time-frequency analysis of power hands on
- 12:45- 13:00 Lunch
- 13:30- 16:00 Extracurricular: CFIN/NeuroCampus invited lecture and seminar. Prof. Ole Jensen (Nijmegen)- “On the functional role of human alpha oscillations: routing and prioritizing information processing”
Thursday 08 October 2015
- 9:00 - 10:30 Statistics using non-parametric randomization techniques (lecture) Jim Herring
- 10:30- 10:45 Coffee break
- 12:15- 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00- 14:30 Source reconstruction using beamformers (lecture) Luca Ambrogioni
- 14:30- 15:30 Identifying oscillatory sources using beamformers hands on
- 15:30- 15:45 Coffe break
- 15:45- 16:30 Source level statistics within the permutation framework hands on
- 16:30- 17:00 Wrap-up-the-day: special topics, general questions and answers
- 19:00- 21:30 Dinner- not included in registration
Thursday 08 October 2015
- 9:00 - 13:30 FieldTrip playground, bring your own data!
- Identifying evoked fields/potentials using beamformers hands on