BIDS - the brain imaging data structure
FieldTrip can read data from all MEG, EEG, iEEG and MRI file formats that are supported in BIDS. Furthermore, it includes the data2bids function to convert data to the BIDS structure. This function can convert data formats (if needed), and writes the accompanying “sidecar files” that contain metadata about channels, coordinates, events, etcetera to the .json and .tsv format.
We recommend that you convert your raw data to BIDS prior to implementing your analyses scripts. That will make it much easier to share the scripts and derived data.
The BIDS project overview is presented on http://bids.neuroimaging.io/. You can read the full specification on https://bids-specification.readthedocs.io/. Please note that BIDS is not only relevant for FieldTrip, but that it also been embraced by the SPM, EEGLAB, MNE-Python and BrainStorm developers, and of course by the MRI and fMRI community, for example on https://openneuro.org.
The EEG sedation example is currently the most clean and comprehensive FieldTrip-specific demonstration of how to convert existing raw EEG data to BIDS.
- BIDS - the brain imaging data structure
- Converting an example behavioral dataset for sharing in BIDS
- How should I specify the coordinate systems in a BIDS dataset?
- Converting an example EEG dataset for sharing in BIDS
- Converting an example EMG dataset for sharing in BIDS
- Converting an example eyetracker dataset for sharing in BIDS
- Converting the combined MEG/fMRI MOUS dataset for sharing in BIDS
- Convert the EEG sedation dataset for sharing in BIDS
- Converting an example video dataset for sharing in BIDS